Air cooler / Evaporator
Flat ceiling air coolers for demanding applications
HFC | CO2 | Water | Brine
Compact ceiling air cooler for cold and low-temperature storage rooms
Robust design ensures durability and low maintenance requirements
Low moisture loss in goods thanks to large surfaces and a highly efficient tube system
EC fans for energy-efficient operation (up to top mark A)
Efficient defrosting system for reliable cooling
Easy cleaning in accordance with hygiene requirements
With its flat, robust design, the DLK is suitable for all cold rooms with special requirements. These can include the frequent movement of people, aggressive particles owing to a wide range of goods or changing purposes. With uniform air distribution, it ensures a stable room temperature and meets the strictest hygiene requirements owing to its corrosion resistance.
Especially high demands are placed on refrigeration in the food industry. Hygiene, energy efficiency and reliability are the top priorities.
But even when it comes to requirements for refrigerants, corrosion protection, material combinations, practical fin spacing, optimised tube and fin geometries, uniform air distribution or energy efficiency, Roller offers the optimised solution for every performance range and every application with its wide product range of evaporators and air coolers.
Storage & Logistics
The requirements for cooling in warehouse logistics could not be more diverse. The tasks are very specific:
In plus cold stores for fruit and vegetables, it is crucial that the sensitive chilled goods are stored in the right conditions and cooled gently. Dairy products are highly perishable and require a closed cold chain. Ripening chambers turn fruit varieties into products ready for sale.
In deep-freeze warehouses, uniform temperature distribution is important, reliable air coolers protect against thawing of the goods. In order-picking rooms, the impact on employees must be minimised. Roller offers a variety of individual solutions for all applications.
The range of refrigeration technology for the retail trade is broad. Whether it's a butcher's shop, bakery, flower shop, petrol station, restaurant or supermarket - each sector has its own requirements to ensure optimum product quality.
One thing is always in the foreground: reliability in refrigeration technology when it comes to failure safety, hygiene or energy efficiency. Roller is the specialist for air coolers, evaporators and heat exchangers for the commercial sector.
- Food Industry
- Storage & Logistics
- Commercial refrigeration
The DLK Next features an easy-to-install housing with particularly generously dimensioned cut-out options for high flexibility, as well as stainless steel suspension brackets for mounting flush with the ceiling.
- Wide range of housing openings for all installation variants
- Flush ceiling suspensions made of stainless steel (instead of mounting rails)
- High-efficiency two-stage EC fans as standard
- Fans with speed control optionally available
- High flexibility due to block variants with 4 / 6 RR in depth
- Tube system with low tube volume for use with CO2 up to PS 80bar
The DLK flatline is suitable for all cold rooms that are subject to special requirements due to its flat and robust design.
- Particularly flat design (only 246mm)
- Two-stage controllable EC fans (standard)
- Load-dependent multi-stage controllable via ESM module
- Variable speed control via optional plug-on module possible
- Flat stainless steel suspension rails
- Wall-mounting by means of additional drip tray (option)
The DLK Next replaces the previous larger and more powerful EurolinePlus version and is the ideal complement to the existing DLK-flatline.
The tables provided here offer you an exemplary overview for the performance-side counterparts of the series. Listed are the series for HFC and CO2 refrigerants with different fin spacing.
However, you can obtain an optimum design for your project via the Roller EasySelect selection program.
Various types of heat exchanger corrosion protection for use in aggressive environments
High-performance tube systems
Aligned Roller high-performance tube systems with internally grooved tubes
with downstream electric heating rods as thermal heating (option)
with additional drip pan (DLK flatline)
- Cooling capacity from 0.5 to 9 kW
- Temperature range: DLK: 0 – 40 °C / DLKT: -35 – 50 °C
- Fin spacings 4 / 6 / 7 mm
- Defrosting: electric, optional: Brine, hot gas
- Operating pressure up to 25 bar/ 60 / 80 bar with CO2
- Generously sized spaces at the sides of the unit for easy access via side doors, removable
- Hinged drip pan for cleaning and servicing work
- Flat hanging rails made from rustproof CrNi steel
- Connections with threaded nipple, ventilation and drain valve (water or brine mode)
- Drain heating can easily be retrofitted/replaced
- Heating rods and fans wired to terminal box
- Wall mounting thanks to additional drip pan (option)
Inspection and cleaning
- Double pan construction to avoid condensation
- Side doors can easily be removed
- Aligned tube pattern and fin spacings of up to 12 mm for easy cleaning
- Large-radius housing corners and drip pan for easier cleaning
- Heat exchanger can be cleaned from three sides
- Thick fins (0.3 mm) for extra stability during cleaning
- Hinged / removable fan plate with drip tray for easy installation and cleaning of the unit
- Optimized aligned tube system with smooth fins ensures low pressure losses on the air side and high air flow
- EC fans for energy-efficient operation as standard
- Adjustment of the air volume flow according to the cooling load via external controller (0 - 10 V)
- Air cooler energy efficiency class up to top mark "A"
- Multi-fan units with intermediate plates for optimum flow through the heat exchanger
- Corrosion-resistant aluminium housing with scratchproof powder coating
- Corrosion protection for the heat exchanger and housing to withstand a range of environmental conditions
- Stainless steel housing (optional)
- All corrosion protection variants at a glance
- Heating rods in the coil for reliable defrosting, in aluminium housing to prevent vapours
- Defrost safety thermostat interrupts electric defrosting if the defrost control system (accessory) malfunctions
- Large heat exchanger surfaces remove less moisture from the air and thus reduce the need for defrosting
- Defrosting using brine circuit
- MS heating rods (coil) for retrofitting at room temperatures above 0 °C
MS heating rods for coil defrosting (tR > 0 °C) (IP66)
Electronic e-valve and superheat controller for efficient, safe operation and quick commissioning
for condensation drain
Additional drip pan
for wall mounting (DLK flatline)
EC plug-on module:
Stepless speed control from 50-100% (0-10V) by using a plug-on module
against contact for thermal heating
- Corrosion protection for heat exchanger with tin-coated Cu tubes and 2-C lacquered coating
- Defrost safety thermostat - switch contact opens at +25 °C and closes at +6 °C
Supermarket cooling - DLK - Migros Swiss
Wherever cold rooms with different goods have to be cooled, the extremely resistant DLK evaporator is used. Biaggini likes to use the DLK because of its thick fins and high corrosion resistance, as here in Migros supermarkets.
|Address||Zürich / Swiss|
Reconstruction large kitchen - DLK - Schlittenhardt
Schlittenhardt's task was to upgrade all of its customer's cooling equipment while its large kitchen was still operating. When modernizing the five cold stores, Schlittenhardt opted for various products including DLK evaporator units from Roller. To ensure reliable operation, the units which were previously used inside were installed on the canopy and the very latest control systems were used.
|Address||Karlsbad / Germany|
Petrol station cooling - DLK - CR Kälte-und Klimatechnik
The company CR Kälte-und Klimatechnik installed a combination cold room with normal and intensive cooling at the Bavaria Petrol filling station in Munich. With this so-called walk-in cold room, the goods are placed on the shelves from behind and customers have access to them via the glass doors.
|Application||Petrol station cooling|
|Address||Munich / Germany|
Wine cooling - DLK - Mifrio
In a cold room where wine is stored, a constant temperature is required in order to slow down the ageing process of the wine in the bottle. Stable air humidity is also important to prevent mould in the rooms and on the corks. The compact DLK air cooler is ideal for wine cellars of all sizes.
|Address||Föhren / Germany|
Mounting instructions (2023)
Instrucciones de montaje (2023)
Mounting instructions (2021)
Instrucciones de montaje (2021)
|Product name||DLK flatline||DLKT flatline||DLK Next||DLKT Next|
|Capacity range||0,7 - 6 kW||0,5 - 5 kW||1 - 14 kW||0,5 - 11 kW|
|Temperature range||0 - 40°C||-35 to +40°C||0 - 40°C||-35 bis +40°C|
|Tubes||Internally grooved||Internally grooved||Internally grooved||Internally grooved|
|Number of fans||1 - 4||1 - 4||1 - 4||1 - 4|
|Fan typ||EC / Forced / IP 54||EC / Forced / IP 54||EC / Forced / IP 54||EC / Forced / IP 54|
|Fan size||250 mm||250 mm||300 mm||300 mm|
|Fin spacing||4 / 6 / 7 mm||4 / 6 / 7 mm||4 / 7 mm||4 / 7 mm|
|Energy efficiency class||A to C||A to C||A to C||A to C|