Selecting, installing and parameterising a suitable expansion valve for a refrigeration system is a challenge that costs a lot of time and money in consideration of the different system parameters. Roller offers you a pre-installed, electronic expansion valve with superheat control for commercial refrigeration evaporators, regardless of the refrigerant used. And that for 40 pre-parameterised refrigerants, incl. CO2!
This means that you can rely on the correct selection of an energy-efficient control system. In addition, the control is already installed in the unit on delivery. You don't need to worry about placement or leak testing and can quickly put your system into operation.
Simple seleced - Reliably pre-assembled - Fast start-up - Energy-efficient in operation!
Increased energy efficiency through
- Precise control of the refrigerant flow
- Reduced compressor running times
- Sliding suction pressures
- Minimum room temperature differences
- Short defrosting times due to reduced ice formation
- Stable operation even under deep-freeze conditions
- Carel E2V expansion valve
- EVD-ice superheat controller
- Pressure sensor
- Ultracap module (optional)
- Operating conditions: -30°C to 40°C
- IP65 protection class due to fully encapsulated housing of EDV-ice and Ultracap
- Integration into a monitoring system
Simple and quick start-up on site
- Pre-assembled controller, valve and sensors ex works
- Ready-to-use presetting of the control according to the unit size, evaporator capacity and refrigerant
- Completely prewired at the factory
- Fast start-up with only three parameter settings on site (type of refrigerant, operating mode of the cold room, desired superheat)
- RS485 interface for monitoring (Modbus protocol) to monitor operating conditions (real-time operating conditions, alarms, messages)
- Pressure and leak test of the control components together with the evaporator are already done in the factory
- Power supply: 230V
Pre-parameterised for 40 refrigerants
- Among others for the following refrigerants:
- R134a, R404A, R407A, R407C, R407F
- R449, R452A, R513A
- R744 (CO2)
- Free, variable space for future refrigerants
EVD-ice superheat controller
controls the E2V valve according to the detected superheat
Carel E2V Expansions valve
Stepping motor driven EXV for stable superheat control
detects the current evaporation pressure
closes the E2V valve as soon as the power supply to the EVD ice fails. (Optional)
The Carel control components installed at the factory are perfectly matched to the evaporator capacity. The refrigeration components have passed extensive tests, are factory assembled, welded in and tested, and the electrical components are completely pre-wired. The installation time for connection to the refrigeration system is considerably reduced, as only the liquid and suction lines need to be connected and a simple electrical connection needs to be done. An additional liquid magnetic valve is not required. The optional Ultracap module allows the electronic E-valve to close completely when the unit is stopped, thus preventing refrigerant shifting in the system.
Due to the pre-assembled control, the installation time for the refrigeration system of the unit is significantly reduced. Only the liquid and suction lines need to be connected and a simple electrical connection made.
On the control side, only three parameters need to be set on site before start-up: the refrigerant used, the operating mode (cold room) and the desired superheat. Done!
The EVD-ice can also be integrated into a monitoring system via an RS485 interface and reports operating states and, if necessary, alarms.
FHV / FHVT - Highly efficient, compact evaporator in flat design
The FHV high-performance air cooler is particularly suitable for cooling and deep-freezing requirements in commercial refrigeration.
Its particularly compact dimensions coupled with the wide range of accessories and options, its efficient defrosting behaviour and its ability to be used with the refrigerant CO2 offer excellent conditions for a variety of commercial applications.
DLK / DLKT - Flat ceiling evaporators for demanding applications
Due to its flat and robust design, the DLK is suitable for all cold rooms that are subject to special requirements. Be it frequent access, aggressive particles from a wide variety of goods, or temporarily different purposes.
With its uniform air distribution, it ensures a stable room temperature and meets the highest hygiene requirements due to its corrosion resistance.
DHN - Flat, double-sided discharge ceiling air cooler
The energy-efficient ceiling-mounted air cooler with double-sided discharge meets the requirements of cold rooms above freezing point.
Due to its particularly draught-free operation coupled with various corrosion protection variants, it is particularly suitable for food processing, warehousing and logistics, commercial refrigeration and similar applications.
Its design features allow easy access for cleaning and maintenance work.
HKN - Fan coil units for perfect indoor climate in HVAC systems
Whether in the public or private sector, in small commercial or large industrial companies, with the HKN you get a robust and timeless unit that can be designed for heating and cooling operation and either as a unit with housing or as a built-in unit.
With its extensive range of accessories, control and corrosion protection options, the unit easily masters even the most demanding climatic requirements.
- FHV / FHVT - Highly efficient, compact evaporator in flat design
- DLK / DLKT - Flat ceiling evaporators for demanding applications
- DHN - Flat, double-sided discharge ceiling air cooler
- HKN - Fan coil units for perfect indoor climate in HVAC systems