Air coolers / Evaporators
Special air coolers with humidification and dehumidification function
HFC | CO2 | Water | Brine
Cooling, heating, humidification and dehumidification in one unit
EC fans for energy-efficient operation (up to top mark A)
Heat exchanger with full corrosion protection for use in aggressive environments
Ideal for rooms in which a minimum humidity level must be maintained
This highly efficient special air cooler can be used for a variety of applications where limited humidification and dehumidification are required. Common applications include sausage ageing rooms, plant cooling, wine cellars, butcher shops and others. The entire heat exchanger features high-quality corrosion protection as standard with powder-coated, tin-coated tubes and a fully coated heat exchanger coil.
Especially high demands are placed on refrigeration in the food industry.
Hygiene, energy efficiency and reliability are the top priorities.
But even when it comes to requirements for refrigerants, corrosion protection, material combinations, practical fin spacing, optimised tube and fin geometries, uniform air distribution or energy efficiency, Roller offers the optimised solution for every performance range and every application with its wide product range of evaporators and air coolers.
The range of refrigeration technology for the retail trade is broad. Whether it's a butcher's shop, bakery, flower shop, petrol station, restaurant or supermarket - each sector has its own requirements to ensure optimum product quality.
One thing is always in the foreground: reliability in refrigeration technology when it comes to failure safety, hygiene or energy efficiency. Roller is the specialist for air coolers, evaporators and heat exchangers for the commercial sector.
keit an die Kältetechnik, wenn es um Ausfallsicherheit, Hygiene oder Energieeffizienz geht. Roller ist der Spezialist für Luftkühler, Verdampfer und Wärmetauscher für den gewerblichen Bereich.
Storage & Logistics
The requirements for cooling in warehouse logistics could not be more diverse. The tasks are very specific:
In plus cold stores for fruit and vegetables, it is crucial that the sensitive chilled goods are stored in the right conditions and cooled gently. Dairy products are highly perishable and require a closed cold chain. Ripening chambers turn fruit varieties into products ready for sale.
In deep-freeze warehouses, uniform temperature distribution is important, reliable air coolers protect against thawing of the goods. In order-picking rooms, the impact on employees must be minimised. Roller offers a variety of individual solutions for all applications.
- Food Industry
- Commercial refrigeration
- Storage & Logistics
with sprayer and water distribution for easier humidification
Dehumidification mode with downstream electric heating rods as standard
Adjustable air outlet fins
for precise airflow routing
EC fan technology
as standard for optimum energy efficiency in all sizes
thanks to a coated heat exchanger in addition to the tin-coated tubes
Aligned Roller high-performance tube systems
with internally grooved tubes
Fully aluminium housing,
scratchproof powder-coated finish
Double drip pan construction
to avoid condensation
- Cooling capacity from 1.1 to 7.6 kW
- Temperature range: +2 – +40 °C
- Fin spacing 4.5 mm
- Operating pressure up to 25 bar/ 60 bar with CO2
- Generously sized spaces at the sides of the unit for easy access via side doors, removable
- Flat hanging rails made from rustproof CrNi steel with oblong hole
- Connections with threaded nipple, vent and drain valve (water or brine mode)
- Heating rods and fans wired to terminal box
Inspection and cleaning
- Double pan construction to avoid condensation
- Side doors can easily be removed
- Aligned tube pattern and fin spacings for easy cleaning
- Removable hinged drip pan for cleaning and servicing work
- Fan with protection grille to prevent injuries
- Thick fins (0.3 mm) for extra stability during cleaning
- Air cooler energy efficiency class A+
- Multi-fan units with intermediate plates for optimum flow through the heat exchanger
- EC fans for energy-efficient operation as standard
- Adjustment of the air volume flow according to the cooling load via external controller (0 - 10 V)
- Optimized, aligned tube system with smooth fins ensures low pressure losses on the air side and high air flow
- Corrosion-resistant aluminium housing with scratchproof powder coating
- Heat exchanger made from tin-coated copper tubes and with fully powder-coated aluminium fins for optimum corrosion protection
- Stainless steel housing (optional)
- MS heating rods (coil) for retrofitting at room temperatures above 0 °C
- Defrost safety thermostat interrupts electric defrosting if the defrost control system (accessory) malfunctions
In many sectors, such as the food industry, the energy sector, logistics, mechanical engineering or building services, cooling is always system-relevant and decisive for the quality of processes and thus of products. As a manufacturer of high-quality components for refrigeration and air-conditioning technology, we know:
The credibility of the performance data of the machines used is a decisive aspect in ensuring your quality requirements.
That is why we have the performance data of our products certified by independent laboratories as part of the Eurovent programme. Eurovent is an independent organisation that ensures that the equipment of the participating companies is tested under the same conditions and is therefore more comparable.
Ripening room - SV - Butchery
When renovating and expanding its butcher shop premises in Büchenbach/Germany by adding an ageing and low-temperature storage room, the company Lorz chose a special evaporator from Roller which offers cooling, heating, humidification and dehumidification in a single unit. An external control unit which keeps the humidity and temperature in the room constant ensures the best possible ageing results.
|Address||Büchenbach / Germany|
Plant cooling - SV - Sachsenforst
The state-owned company Sachsenforst has its own cold room where it stores the saplings it grows itself. They are kept fresh until they are planted for reforestation of the Saxony State Forest with indigenous tree species. The company Kälte Service Geßner relies on Roller's SV evaporators which can easily cope with the high air humidity.
|Application||Storage room cooling|
|Address||Pirna / Germany|
|Product||SV 462 EC|