Air coolers / Evaporators
Proven high-performance ceiling air coolers for demanding applications
HFC | Water | Brine
Cubic air cooler for demanding cooling and deep freezing requirements
Particularly suitable for unpackaged goods stored for long periods of time in environments with a high air humidity
Low moisture loss thanks to Roller's highly efficient aligned tube system
Compact design specially for use in narrow aisles
High efficiency thanks to EC fan technology as standard and an effective defrosting system
Storage & Logistics
The requirements for cooling in warehouse logistics could not be more diverse. The tasks are very specific:
In plus cold stores for fruit and vegetables, it is crucial that the sensitive chilled goods are stored in the right conditions and cooled gently. Dairy products are highly perishable and require a closed cold chain. Ripening chambers turn fruit varieties into products ready for sale.
In deep-freeze warehouses, uniform temperature distribution is important, reliable air coolers protect against thawing of the goods. In order-picking rooms, the impact on employees must be minimised. Roller offers a variety of individual solutions for all applications.
The range of refrigeration technology for the retail trade is broad. Whether it's a butcher's shop, bakery, flower shop, petrol station, restaurant or supermarket - each sector has its own requirements to ensure optimum product quality.
One thing is always in the foreground: reliability in refrigeration technology when it comes to failure safety, hygiene or energy efficiency. Roller is the specialist for air coolers, evaporators and heat exchangers for the commercial sector.
Especially high demands are placed on refrigeration in the food industry.
Hygiene, energy efficiency and reliability are the top priorities.
But even when it comes to requirements for refrigerants, corrosion protection, material combinations, practical fin spacing, optimised tube and fin geometries, uniform air distribution or energy efficiency, Roller offers the optimised solution for every performance range and every application with its wide product range of evaporators and air coolers.
The manufacturing industry depends on the reliable maintenance of specific temperatures to ensure high quality of the goods produced. Precise temperature control, reliability and energy efficiency are a priority.
Roller offers a wide range of heat exchangers and air coolers for process cooling.
Talk to us.
- Storage & Logistics
- Commercial refrigeration
- Food Industry
- Process cooling
Various types of heat exchanger corrosion protection for use in aggressive environments
High-performance tube systems:
Aligned Roller high-performance tube systems with internally grooved tubes (HVS/T___EP)
Easily retrofittable heating rods:
MS heating rods for coil defrosting (tR >0 °C)
- Cooling capacity from 0.5 to 25 kW
- Temperature range: HVS: 0 – 50 °C / HVIST: -35 – 20 °C
- Fin spacings 4.5 / 7 / 10 / 12 mm
- Defrosting: electric (HVST), optional: Brine, hot gas, water sprinklers, splash plates
- Operating pressure up to 25 bar
- Easy access via side doors, completely removable
- Stainless steel hanging rails
- Connections with threaded nipple, ventilation and drain valve (water or brine mode)
- Drain heating can easily be retrofitted
- Defrost heating wired to external terminal boxes on the side (HVST)
Inspection and cleaning
- Double insulated drip pan prevents condensation forming on the underside of the tray (optional)
- Removable side doors
- Aligned tube pattern and fin spacings of up to 12 mm for easy cleaning
- Constructive properties geared to the HACCP concept
- Baffle plate to prevent condensation forming on the housing
- Thick fins (0.3 mm) for extra stability during cleaning
- Increased air throw thanks to textile connection with integrated rectifier
- Special fans with particularly high external pressure (option)
- Fully adjustable EC fans
- Textile hose adapter for textile hose application
- Highly efficient heat exchanger with aligned tube system for delicate applications
- EC fans for energy-efficient operation as standard (not XX4 - XX6)
- Large heat exchanger surfaces for reduced moisture loss and defrosting
- Adjustment of the air volume flow according to the cooling load via external controller (0 - 10 V or Modbus signal with EC fans)
- Defrost damper and defrost hood (accessories) for efficient defrosting
- ERP compliant fans
- Air cooler energy efficiency class up to top mark "A"
- Corrosion-resistant aluminium housing with scratchproof powder coating
- Corrosion protection for the heat exchanger and housing to withstand a range of environmental conditions
- Stainless steel housing (optional)
- Copper fin
- All corrosion protection variants at a glance
- Heating rods in the coil for reliable defrosting, in aluminium housing to prevent vapours
- Textile defrost damper to isolate the air cooler on the pressure side during defrosting (accessory)
- HVST defrost safety thermostat (accessory)
- Frame heating for electrically heating the fan ring and to avoid ice bridges during defrosting (accessory)
- Defrost hood uses the positive trapped heat which ideally remains in the air cooler during defrosting
- Defrosting using brine circuit
- MS heating rods for coil defrosting tR >0 °C - can be retrofitted
- Defrost safety thermostat
- Auxiliary heating for condensation drain
- Textile hose connection for the straightforward installation of textile hoses for uniform air distribution without draughts
- Insulated drip pan prevents condensation forming on the outer side
In many sectors, such as the food industry, the energy sector, logistics, mechanical engineering or building services, cooling is always system-relevant and decisive for the quality of processes and thus of products. As a manufacturer of high-quality components for refrigeration and air-conditioning technology, we know:
The credibility of the performance data of the machines used is a decisive aspect in ensuring your quality requirements.
That is why we have the performance data of our products certified by independent laboratories as part of the Eurovent programme. Eurovent is an independent organisation that ensures that the equipment of the participating companies is tested under the same conditions and is therefore more comparable.
Event gastronomy - HVS - Taggenbrunn
The Taggenbrunn hotel requires reliable food cooling systems for its exclusive guest receptions and concerts. High-quality food and drinks and especially the wine collection must be cooled to the right temperature. The attractive air coolers from Roller fit in ideally in the castle architecture. The air coolers were delivered to the wholesaler Schiessl in Pörtschach straight from the factory.
|Address||Taggenbrunn / Austria|
Fish processing - HVST - Lauenroth Fischfeinkost
In fish processing and storage, the salt content of the ambient air places particularly high demands on the evaporators when it comes to hygiene, corrosion protection and defrosting. Stainless steel units are therefore used for direct work processing. For the cooling of the packaged goods in this fish delicatessen manufacture, special attention was paid to an efficient and stable high air flow.
|Address||Lüdersdorf / Germany|
Deep-freeze warehouse - HVST - Medical technology
Medical products are delicate goods which need to be stored at a stable temperature. For this low-temperature storage room at a biotech company with a temperature of -35 °C, efficient defrosting was required too. The HVST evaporator from Roller was designed with an aligned tube system, optimum heating rod placement, a large fin spacing and a defrost damper for optimum defrosting.
|Address||Bergisch Gladbach / Germany|
|Product||HVST 1008 EC EP|
Packaged goods - HVST - Klüvers
The cooling of packaged goods in large cold rooms is often a matter of evenly applying cold to the goods at every point in the room. The air performance must be correspondingly high. Küvers uses HVST type Roller evaporators with powerful EC fans. The condensers are Roller KVNs with gold lacquer fins, which serve as corrosion protection against the salty sea air.
|Address||Niendorf / Deutschland|
|Product||HVST / KVN|
|Capacity range||0,5 - 19 kW||0,7 - 25 kW||0,5 - 19 kW||0,7 - 25 kW|
|Temperature range||0 - 50°C||0 - 50°C||-35 to +20°C||-35 to +20°C|
|Defrost heater||Without||Without||Block and drip tray||Block and drip tray|
|Tubes||Plain tube||Internally grooved||Plain tube||Internally grooved|
|Number of fans||1 - 2||1 - 2||1 - 2||1 - 2|
|Fan typ||EC, AC / suction / IP 54||EC, AC / suction / IP 54||EC, AC / suction / IP 54||EC, AC / suction / IP 54|
|Fan size||300 / 400 / 450 /500 mm||300 / 400 / 450 /500 mm||300 / 400 / 450 /500 mm||300 / 400 / 450 /500 mm|
|Fin spacing||4,5 / 7 / 10 / 12 mm||4,5 / 7 / 10 / 12 mm||4,5 / 7 / 10 / 12 mm||4,5 / 7 / 10 / 12 mm|
|Energy efficiency class||B to E||B to E||A to D||A to D|