Air cooler / Evaporator
Industrial air coolers for large cold stores and low-temperature storage rooms
HFC | CO2 | Water | Brine
Industrial air coolers for large cold stores and low-temperature storage rooms
Precise and reliable cooling for ideal storage conditions
Low moisture loss thanks to Roller's highly efficient aligned tube system
High-performance, tailored air cooling with optimum room penetration
Air cooler and evaporator with energy-efficient defrosting processes
Especially high demands are placed on refrigeration in the food industry.
Hygiene, energy efficiency and reliability are the top priorities.
But even when it comes to requirements for refrigerants, corrosion protection, material combinations, practical fin spacing, optimised tube and fin geometries, uniform air distribution or energy efficiency, Roller offers the optimised solution for every performance range and every application with its wide product range of evaporators and air coolers.
Storage & Logistics
The requirements for cooling in warehouse logistics could not be more diverse. The tasks are very specific:
In plus cold stores for fruit and vegetables, it is crucial that the sensitive chilled goods are stored in the right conditions and cooled gently. Dairy products are highly perishable and require a closed cold chain. Ripening chambers turn fruit varieties into products ready for sale.
In deep-freeze warehouses, uniform temperature distribution is important, reliable air coolers protect against thawing of the goods. In order-picking rooms, the impact on employees must be minimised. Roller offers a variety of individual solutions for all applications.
The manufacturing industry depends on the reliable maintenance of specific temperatures to ensure high quality of the goods produced. Precise temperature control, reliability and energy efficiency are a priority.
Roller offers a wide range of heat exchangers and air coolers for process cooling.
Talk to us.
During the generation of energy, waste heat is generated that has to be dissipated or reused. Efficient and robust heat exchanger systems are indispensable for fail-safe energy management. Heat exchangers can be manufactured by Roller in any individual design.
We will be happy to advise you on the design of your specific heat exchanger.
- Food Industry
- Storage & Logistics
- Process cooling
- Energy technology
- Cooling capacity from 8 to 90 kW
- Temperature range: HVIS: 0 – 60 °C / HVIST: -35 – 0 °C
- Fin spacings 4.5 / 7 / 10 / 12 mm
- Defrosting: electric (HVIST), optional: Brine, hot gas, water sprinklers, splash plates
- Operating pressure up to 25 bar, 60 bar CO2
- Clever crate packaging as an assembly aid
- Generously sized spaces at the sides of the unit
- Swivelling side doors, completely removable
- Stainless steel hanging rails
- Ducts for retrofitting defrost heating systems (HVIST)
- Defrost safety thermostat (accessory) on pre-drilled holes
- Internal terminal boxes
- Increased air quantity for quick cooling or deep freezing (HVIS(T))
- Increased air throw with optional guide vane
- Special fans with particularly high external pressure (option)
- Optional highly efficient, adjustable EC fans
Inspection and cleaning
- Double insulated drip pan prevents condensation forming on the underside of the tray
- Hinged side doors, completely removable
- Generously sized condensation drains
- Aligned tube pattern and fin spacings of up to 12 mm for easy cleaning
- Constructive properties geared to the HACCP concept
- Sloping drip tray ensures that all condensation drains away
- Highly efficient heat exchanger with aligned tube system for delicate applications
- Large heat exchanger surfaces for reduced moisture loss and defrosting
- Adjustment of the air volume flow according to the cooling load via external controller (0 – 10 V or 4 – 20 mA or Modbus signal with EC fans)
- Defrost damper and defrost hood (accessories) for efficient, quick defrosting
- ERP compliant fans
- Corrosion-resistant powder-coated aluminium housing
- Corrosion protection for various environmental conditions
- Stainless steel housing (optional)
- All corrosion protection variants at a glance
30% increase in energy efficiency during defrosting by closing off the switched-off fans
Less warming of the room owing to defrost heat, optimized defrosting process
with reduced energy consumption
for straightforward, thorough cleaning of the heat exchanger
In many sectors, such as the food industry, the energy sector, logistics, mechanical engineering or building services, cooling is always system-relevant and decisive for the quality of processes and thus of products. As a manufacturer of high-quality components for refrigeration and air-conditioning technology, we know:
The credibility of the performance data of the machines used is a decisive aspect in ensuring your quality requirements.
That is why we have the performance data of our products certified by independent laboratories as part of the Eurovent programme. Eurovent is an independent organisation that ensures that the equipment of the participating companies is tested under the same conditions and is therefore more comparable.
Logistic centre - HVIS- Troiber
This high-rack warehouse of a deep-freeze logistics company placed special demands on Roller's industrial direct expansion evaporators. Due to the narrow and long aisles, 14 single-fan evaporators type HVIST with extremely high air throw were applied. Airflow streamers support the fans with high external pressure. Furthermore, the air coolers are equipped with 10 mm fin spacing, insulated drip tray, defrost hood, defrost damper and a special frame heater.
|Application||Distribution centre / Logistic centre|
|Address||Passau / Germany|
|Product||14 x HVIST 1081|
Test chamber - HVIS - HLK Stuttgart
The company HLK Stuttgart offers a range of services including measurements and simulations for heating and air conditioning. It uses its own dual climate chamber to test residential ventilation equipment and heat pumps for example.
The outer chamber conditions the fresh air, while the inner chamber is responsible for the room conditions. The system which is operated with ethylene glycol provides an initial supply temperature of -25 °C for an air intake temperature down to -15 °C. HLK relies on the Eurovent-certified HVS and HVIS air coolers from Roller here.
|Address||Stuttgart / Germany|
|Fluid||55 % Etylene glycol|
|Product||HVIS752N + HVS407EC|
Sweets factory - HVIS
Hygiene has top priority when manufacturing food, e.g. here in the production facilities of a well-known chocolate bar brand. The HVIS air coolers from Roller must meet food hygiene requirements too. To ensure a uniform, draught-free flow of air for the people who work there, the units were designed for use with textile hoses. A mixture of water and propylene glycol was used as the medium.
|Address||Hamburg / Germany|
|Product||HVIS 451 N|
Cheese dairy - HVIS - Exarchos
The cheese dairy Exarchos SA produces feta cheese, low-fat sheep milk cheese, goat cheese, Greek hard cheese and typical Greek fresh cheese using state-of-the-art production standards. For the ripening and storage of the cheeses Eleni K. Yianniodi Industrial Refrigeration in Greece used the highly efficient industrial air cooler HVIS.
A cheese reaches its specific characteristics through biochemical processes in which, as in this case, the temperature in the ripening room must be kept constant between 13°C and 16°C and the relative humidity between 80% and 90% for weeks.
|Application||Ripening room / Storage room|
|Address||Elassona / Greece|
|Product||HVIS 482 N|
|Capacity range||8 - 90 kW||8 - 90 kW|
|Temperature range||0 - 60°C||-35 to 0°C|
|Defrost heater||without||Block and drip tray|
|Tubes||Internally grooved||Internally grooved|
|Number of fans||1 - 4||1 - 4|
|Fan typ||AC / Suction / IP54||AC / Suction / IP 54|
|Fan size||560 / 630 / 800 mm||560 / 630 / 800 mm|
|Fin spacing||4,5 / 7 / 10 / 12 mm||4,5 / 7 / 10 / 12 mm|
|Energy efficiency class||B to E||B to E|