Air coolers / Evaporators
Highly efficient air coolers for larger cold and low-temperature storage rooms
FHVI / FHVIT
HFC | CO2 | Water | Brine
High-performance air cooler for industrial cooling and deep freezing requirements
Particularly suitable for hygienic food processing
Low moisture loss thanks to highly efficient aligned tube system
FHVIT air cooler/evaporator with efficient defrosting process
Development and production - made in Germany
The FHVI high-performance air cooler is particularly suitable for cooling and deep-freezing requirements for industrial refrigeration applications where hygiene and corrosion protection play an especially important role.
Due to its highly efficient, aligned tube system with large fin spacing of up to 12 mm, it guarantees low dehumidification and is ideal for use in food processing.
Storage & Logistics
The requirements for cooling in warehouse logistics could not be more diverse. The tasks are very specific:
In plus cold stores for fruit and vegetables, it is crucial that the sensitive chilled goods are stored in the right conditions and cooled gently. Dairy products are highly perishable and require a closed cold chain. Ripening chambers turn fruit varieties into products ready for sale.
In deep-freeze warehouses, uniform temperature distribution is important, reliable air coolers protect against thawing of the goods. In order-picking rooms, the impact on employees must be minimised. Roller offers a variety of individual solutions for all applications.
Especially high demands are placed on refrigeration in the food industry.
Hygiene, energy efficiency and reliability are the top priorities.
But even when it comes to requirements for refrigerants, corrosion protection, material combinations, practical fin spacing, optimised tube and fin geometries, uniform air distribution or energy efficiency, Roller offers the optimised solution for every performance range and every application with its wide product range of evaporators and air coolers.
The manufacturing industry depends on the reliable maintenance of specific temperatures to ensure high quality of the goods produced. Precise temperature control, reliability and energy efficiency are a priority.
Roller offers a wide range of heat exchangers and air coolers for process cooling.
Talk to us.
The range of refrigeration technology for the retail trade is broad. Whether it's a butcher's shop, bakery, flower shop, petrol station, restaurant or supermarket - each sector has its own requirements to ensure optimum product quality.
One thing is always in the foreground: reliability in refrigeration technology when it comes to failure safety, hygiene or energy efficiency. Roller is the specialist for air coolers, evaporators and heat exchangers for the commercial sector.
During the generation of energy, waste heat is generated that has to be dissipated or reused. Efficient and robust heat exchanger systems are indispensable for fail-safe energy management. Heat exchangers can be manufactured by Roller in any individual design.
We will be happy to advise you on the design of your specific heat exchanger.
Today, a multitude of different applications such as server rooms, clean rooms, medical facilities and practices, shops, offices, greenhouses, and so on, place specific demands on building technology.
The right temperature, air quality and air movement play an important role. Here, with individual heat exchangers, we offer suitable solutions for a wide range of tasks.
The robust HKN air-conditioning unit stands for barely noticeable conditioning and a comfortable indoor climate with high energy efficiency.
- Storage & Logistics
- Food Industry
- Process cooling
- Commercial refrigeration
- Energy technology
- HVAC industry
Strong, thick fins
for cleaning using a high-pressure cleaner
for increased air throw in longer cold rooms (optional)
Outer pan hinged as standard for cleaning purposes, incl. heating
Large casing side spaces:
Large spaces on the side of the housing make it easy to connect large-dimension tubes (e.g. water)
Various types of heat exchanger corrosion protection for use in aggressive environments
EVD ice superheat controller:
Built-in electronic Carel expansion valve with EVD ice superheat controller (on request)
Optimal heating rods arrangement:
Heating rods arranged to achieve the best possible heat distribution and reliable defrosting, in aluminium housing to prevent vapours
- Cooling capacity 7 – 40 kW
- Temperature range: FHVI: 0 – 60 °C / FHVIT: -40 – 60 °C
- Fin spacing 4.5 / 7 / 10 / 12 mm
- Defrosting: electric, optional: Brine, hot gas, water sprinkler
- Heat exchanger coil for an operating pressure of 25 bar/ 60 bar with CO2
- Large spaces on the side of the housing make it easy to connect large-dimension tubes (e.g. water)
- Easy access via side doors, completely removable
- Flat stainless steel hanging rails
- Connections with threaded nipple, ventilation and drain valve (water or brine mode)
- Drain heating can easily be retrofitted
- Heating rods wired to terminal box
- Increased air throw with optional streamer
- Special fans with particularly high external pressure (option)
- Textile tube connection (option)
Inspektion & Reinigung
- Double drip pan construction prevents condensation forming on the underside of the tray
- Side doors, completely removable
- Generously sized condensation drains
- Aligned tube pattern and fin spacings of up to 12 mm for easy cleaning
- Constructive properties geared to the HACCP concept
- Thick fins (0.3 mm) for extra stability during cleaning
- Hinged drip pan as standard for cleaning purposes
- High-performance heat exchanger with aligned tube system for minimum air-side pressure losses and large surfaces
- Large heat exchanger surfaces for reduced moisture loss and defrosting
- EC fans for energy-efficient, quiet operation (optional)
- Adjustment of the air volume flow according to the cooling load via external controller (0 – 10 V or 4 – 20 mA or Modbus signal with EC fans)
- Defrost damper and defrost hood (accessories) for efficient, quick defrosting
- ERP compliant fans
- Corrosion-resistant powder-coated aluminium housing
- Fully lacquered heat exchanger with dual component lacquer or powder-coated (protection class C)
- Fully lacquered heat exchanger with dual component lacquer or powder-coated and tin-coated copper tubes (protection class D)
- Stainless steel housing (optional)
- Copper fins as corrosion protection (salty air)
- All corrosion protection variants at a glance
- Heating rods arranged to achieve the best possible heat distribution and reliable defrosting, in aluminium housing to prevent vapours
- Heated drip tray to easily drain away condensation in low-temperature storage rooms (FHVIT)
- Textile defrost damper to isolate the air cooler on the pressure side during defrosting (accessory)
- Defrost safety thermostat interrupts electric defrosting if the defrost control system (accessory) malfunctions
- Frame heating for electrically heating the fan ring and to avoid ice bridges during defrosting (accessory)
- Defrost hood: Uses trapped heat and helps with defrosting in the air cooler
- Defrosting using brine circuit, hot gas or water sprinkler
for better access allow more thorough cleaning of the heat exchanger
Textile shielding of the fan during defrosting
for electrically heating the fan ring and to avoid ice bridges during defrosting
less warming of the room owing to defrost heat, optimized defrosting process
- Insulated drip pan prevents condensation forming on the outer side
- Defrost safety thermostat interrupts electric defrosting if the defrost control system malfunctions
- EVD-ice: Electronic e-valve and superheat controller for efficient, safe operation and quick start-up (on request)
In many sectors, such as the food industry, the energy sector, logistics, mechanical engineering or building services, cooling is always system-relevant and decisive for the quality of processes and thus of products. As a manufacturer of high-quality components for refrigeration and air-conditioning technology, we know:
The credibility of the performance data of the machines used is a decisive aspect in ensuring your quality requirements.
That is why we have the performance data of our products certified by independent laboratories as part of the Eurovent programme. Eurovent is an independent organisation that ensures that the equipment of the participating companies is tested under the same conditions and is therefore more comparable.
Delicatessen production - FHVI - Frigor
As with most food manufacturers, the various processing procedures require different refrigeration technology in order to keep the cold chain in the building unbroken. This food company in Belgium which manufactures salads and sauces uses Roller air coolers in its processing, packaging and storage rooms. In rooms where people work, textile hoses were used to ensure uniform, draught-free cooling.
|Address||Maldegem / Belgium|
Offshore-Converterstation - FHVI - BorWin
BorWin3 is the third offshore grid connection project off the coast of Borkum which brings ashore the wind power produced out at sea by two wind parks. For the offshore converter station manufactured in Dubai, Roller equipped the technical rooms with specially produced HVS/HVIS and FHV/FHVI air coolers. It also fitted HKN air conditioning units in the crew's communal areas.
|Application||Energy technology / Converter station|
|Address||North Sea / Germany|
|Fluid||Water / Glycol|
|Product||FHVI / FHV / HVS / HVIS / HKN|
Plant seed cooling - FHVI - Thai Seed Bank
Cold room for storing agricultural plant seeds. The temperature and relative humidity are regulated by the Roller FHVI air cooler with no need for a separate dehumidifier in the cold room.
|Address||Bangkok / Thailand|
|Product||FHVI 410 EP|
|Capacity range||10 - 40 kW||7 - 29 kW||1 - 19 kW||1- 19 kW|
|Temperature range||0 - 60°C||-40 to 60 ˚C||0 - 40°C||-30 to 40 ˚C|
|Defrost heater||Without||Block and drip tray||Without||Block and drip tray|
|Tubes||Internally grooved||Internally grooved||Internally grooved||Internally grooved|
|Number of fans||1 - 4||1 - 4||1 - 6||1 - 6|
|Fan type||AC / suction / IP 54||AC / suction / IP 54||EC / suction / IP 54||EC / suction / IP 54|
|Fan size||500 mm||500 mm||250 / 300 / 450 mm||250 / 300 / 450 mm|
|Fin spacing||4,5 / 7 / 10 / 12 mm||4,5 / 7 / 10 / 12 mm||4 / 6 / 7 mm||4 / 6 / 7 mm|
|Energy efficiency class||C to D||C to D||A to C||A to C|