Air coolers / Evaporators
Highly efficient, compact air coolers with a flat design
HFC | A2L | CO2 | Water | Brine
High-performance air cooler for commercial cooling and deep freezing requirements
Particularly suitable for packaged goods, supermarkets and CO2 applications
Modular air cooler range, flat design for higher stacks and large width for fewer lateral dead zones in the cold room
FHVT with efficient, functional defrosting process
Energy-saving motors and EC fan technology for the best energy efficiency classes as standard
The FHV high-performance air cooler is particularly suitable for cooling and deep freezing requirements in the field of commercial cooling. Its particularly compact design together with the wide range of accessories and options, its efficient defrosting process and its compatibility with the coolant CO2 make it ideal for use in a wide range of commercial situations.
Refrigeration in the food industry
Especially high demands are placed on refrigeration in the food industry. Hygiene, energy efficiency and reliability are the top priorities. But even when it comes to requirements for refrigerants, corrosion protection, material combinations, practical fin spacing, optimised tube and fin geometries, uniform air distribution or energy efficiency, Roller offers the optimised solution for every performance range and every application with its wide product range of evaporators and air coolers.
Storage & Logistics
The requirements for cooling in warehouse logistics could not be more diverse. The tasks are very specific:
In plus cold stores for fruit and vegetables, it is crucial that the sensitive chilled goods are stored in the right conditions and cooled gently. Dairy products are highly perishable and require a closed cold chain. Ripening chambers turn fruit varieties into products ready for sale.
In deep-freeze warehouses, uniform temperature distribution is important, reliable air coolers protect against thawing of the goods. In order-picking rooms, the impact on employees must be minimised. Roller offers a variety of individual solutions for all applications.
The range of refrigeration technology for the retail trade is broad. Whether it's a butcher's shop, bakery, flower shop, petrol station, restaurant or supermarket - each sector has its own requirements to ensure optimum product quality.
One thing is always in the foreground: reliability in refrigeration technology when it comes to failure safety, hygiene or energy efficiency. Roller is the specialist for air coolers, evaporators and heat exchangers for the commercial sector.
- Refrigeration in the food industry
- Storage & Logistics
- Commercial refrigeration
for better access allow more thorough cleaning of the heat exchanger (optional)
various types of heat exchanger corrosion protection for use in aggressive environments
Electronic e-valve and superheat controller for efficient, safe operation and quick commissioning (optional)
- Cooling capacity from 1 to 19 kW
- Temperature range: FHV: 0 – 40 °C / FHVT: -30 – 40 °C
- Fin spacings 4 / 6 / 7 / 12 mm
- Defrosting: electric, optional: Brine, hot gas, water sprinklers
- Heat exchanger coil for an operating pressure of 25 bar/ 80 bar with CO2
- Specially designed heat exchanger for special temperature ranges: Air conditioning, deep freezing
- Large spaces on the side of the housing allow easy installation of pipes and valves
- Easy access via side doors, completely removable
- Flat stainless steel hanging rails
- Connections with threaded nipple, ventilation and drain valve (water or brine mode)
- Drain heating can easily be retrofitted
- Fan and heating rods wired to terminal box
- Defrost heating for coil can easily be retrofitted, MS heating rods
Inspection & cleaning
- Double drip pan construction prevents condensation forming on the underside of the tray
- Side doors, completely removable
- Generously sized condensation drains
- Aligned tube pattern and fin spacings of up to 12 mm for easy cleaning
- Constructive properties geared to the HACCP concept
- Baffle plate to prevent condensation forming on the housing
- Thick fins (0.3 mm) for extra stability during cleaning
- Drip pan and inner pan hinged as standard to allow cleaning
- Increased air throw with optional streamer
- Special fans with particularly high external pressure (option)
- Special fans for three-phase 400 V
- High-performance heat exchanger with aligned tube system for minimal pressure losses on the air side and large surfaces
- EC fans for energy-efficient, quiet operation as standard
- Large heat exchanger surfaces for reduced moisture loss and defrosting
- Adjustment of the air volume flow according to the cooling load via external controller (0 – 10 V or 4 – 20 mA or Modbus signal with EC fans)
- Infinitely adjustable speed control (50-100%) using optional plug-in module for ESM+ fans
- Defrost damper and defrost hood (accessories) for efficient, quick defrosting
- ERP compliant fans
- Air cooler energy efficiency class up to top mark "A"
- Corrosion-resistant powder-coated aluminium housing
- Fully lacquered heat exchanger with dual component lacquer or powder-coated (optional)
- Stainless steel housing (optional)
- Copper fins as corrosion protection (proximity to the sea)
- All corrosion protection variants at a glance
- Heating rods arranged to achieve the best possible heat distribution and reliable defrosting, in aluminium housing to prevent vapours
- Textile defrost damper to isolate the air cooler on the pressure side during defrosting (accessory)
- Defrost safety thermostat interrupts electric defrosting if the defrost control system (accessory) malfunctions
- Frame heating for electrically heating the fan ring and to avoid ice bridges during defrosting (accessory)
- Defrost hood: Uses trapped heat and helps with defrosting in the air cooler
- Defrosting using brine circuit
- Hot gas defrosting for the heat exchanger
- MS heating rods for flexible defrosting at temperatures around freezing point - retrofittable!
The pipes are usually routed inside the cold room either along the cold room ceiling or directly upwards through the cold room ceiling.
For the latter, there is an alternative option at Roller to get the rising pipe inside the unit directly from the factory. This aesthetic internal pipe arrangement, which cannot be seen from the outside, among other things offers hygienic advantages with regard to on-site pipe insulation. In addition, the factory pre-fitting makes on-site doing a much simpler job. And most importantly, there is no disturbing pipe outside the evaporator housing that could be damaged, for example, when refrigerated goods are charged.
Information on product extension from April 2022
Roller extends modularity of FHV/T air cooler series
On 1 April 2022, Roller will be adding further variants to its FHV/T modular air cooler series, which has been established for many years. This page provides a detailed list of all product supplements for you. The new modular combinations can be configured in the new version of the selection software from 1 April 2022.
Heated drip tray
to easily drain away condensation in low-temperature storage rooms
Textile hose connection
for the easy installation of textile hoses for uniform air distribution without draughts
less warming of the room owing to defrost heat, optimized defrosting process
Air filter grille
for on-site use of air filters in the air intake (15 mm thickness)
Bakery cooling - FHV - Biaggini
For the daily fresh baked goods in the bakery displays, sophisticated refrigeration technology is required in particular to meet the requirements of the variety of different baked goods. Fast freezing times, small temperature differences, air distribution and humidity control during storage add complexity to the task. For careful conditioning of sensitive bakery goods, the focus of evaporators is on the largest possible heat exchanger surface area with low dehumidification. For the conversion of one of the largest bakeries in Switzerland, Biaggini installed a CO2 refrigeration system with 250 kW cooling capacity, including heat recovery, air conditioning, and humidity control in the cold rooms. Biaggini relies on the reliable technology of Roller FHV air coolers when it comes to cooling the refrigeration and deep-freeze chambers.
Butchery cooling - DHN/FHV - Biaggini
High-quality meat and sausage products have a long tradition in the canton of Ticino (Switzerland), and preparation is still done with great passion. That's why these specialities are a real treat for the palate. In addition to the good ingredients and the know-how, the appropriate equipment is of course also required for the perfect result. The butcher's shop Bozzini in Biasca has invested in advanced refrigeration and counter technology and commissioned Biaggini to equip the refrigeration systems. The technology behind the attractive salesroom is all made by brand-name manufacturers. The DHN ceiling-mounted air cooler was chosen for hygienic and draught-free operation in the cutting room. In the two cold rooms, Biaggini relies on the tried-and-tested FHV cubic Roller air coolers, which not only ensure the correct temperature control but also the high quality of the chilled goods.
|Address||Biasca / Swiss|
|Product||DHN & FHV|
Supermarket cooling - FHV - Migros Mendrisio
The Biaggini company from Cadenazzo in Switzerland has been using the natural refrigerant R 744 in its refrigeration systems for many years. At this Migros supermarket, the CO2 compound system technology customary in commercial refrigeration was installed for the operation of several cold rooms in normal and deep-freeze mode. The shop's new refrigerated cells were also part of the shop's modernisation plans. Biaggini decided to use the well-proven CO2OLER evaporators as ceiling air coolers DLK, as well as flat-cubic FHV from Roller, which provide reliable and energy-efficient service.
|Address||Mendrisio / Swiss|
|Product||FHV and DLK|
Fruit/vegetable cooling - FHV - PJ Koleteknik
In this project, the company PJ KØLETEKNIK in Denmark is expanding an existing cold store to include a fruit and vegetable store and is relying on the performance and reliability of Roller's FHV cubic air cooler.
|Address||Fredericia / Denmark|
Blast freezing - FHVT - Leutwyler
Blast freezing is about cooling pre-cooled or fresh goods to temperatures of minus 20 degrees Celsius or colder for a short time. For this, high cooling capacities, air volumes and uniform air distribution are of great importance. Leutwyler Kühlanlagen AG implemented all three aspects in the construction of this blast freezer cell at a food processor of soups and farm products in Jona, Switzerland, using Roller FHVT air coolers for CO2 operation.
|Address||Swiss / Jona|
Meat processing - FHV - Terrani-Schweiz
At a meat processing company such as Terrani Carni, the cutting rooms and temporary storage rooms are part of the production chain and need to be cooled. Constant temperatures, hygienic operations and draught-free working are the typical demands placed on the air coolers in such areas. The Swiss plant contractor Biaggini relies on quality products from Roller.
|Address||Sorengo / Swiss|
Potato warehouse - FHV - Berchtold
Potatoes that are stored for a longer period of time start to sprout. This process can be delayed by chemical treatment (powdering) or cooling. Since powdering has been banned in Switzerland, the direct marketer decided to cool his stored potatoes. Berchthold Kältetechnik installed a refrigeration system with two Roller FHV evaporators paired with a Silensis outdoor unit in the approx. 50 sqm hall.
|Capacity range||1 - 19 kW||1- 19 kW|
|Temperature range||0 - 40°C||-30 to 40 ̊C|
|Defrost heater||without||Block and drip tray|
|Tubes||Internally grooved||Internally grooved|
|Number of fans||1 - 6||1 - 6|
|Fan typ||EC / Suction / IP 54||EC / Suction / IP 54|
|Fan size||250 / 300 / 450 mm||250 / 300 / 450 mm|
|Fin spacing||4 / 6 / 7 mm||4 / 6 / 7 / 12 mm|
|Energy efficiency class||A to C||A to C|