Ceiling air cooler / Evaporator
Flat dual discharge ceiling air cooler
HFC | CO2 | Water | Brine
Flush ceiling mounting for maximum hygiene and maximum room height utilisation
Draught-free working owing to low air speed
EC fans for energy-efficient operation (up to top mark A+)
Easy access to the entire unit for cleaning and maintenance work
Low moisture loss in goods thanks to large surfaces and a highly efficient tube system
Particularly quiet design for a pleasant working atmosphere
The energy-efficient dual discharge ceiling air cooler meets the requirements of cold rooms above freezing point. With its draught-free, quiet running and various corrosion protection types, it is particularly suitable for use in food processing, storage and logistics, commercial cooling and similar applications. Its design allows easy access for cleaning and maintenance work.
Especially high demands are placed on refrigeration in the food industry.
Hygiene, energy efficiency and reliability are the top priorities.
But even when it comes to requirements for refrigerants, corrosion protection, material combinations, practical fin spacing, optimised tube and fin geometries, uniform air distribution or energy efficiency, Roller offers the optimised solution for every performance range and every application with its wide product range of evaporators and air coolers.
Storage & Logistics
The requirements for cooling in warehouse logistics could not be more diverse. The tasks are very specific:
In plus cold stores for fruit and vegetables, it is crucial that the sensitive chilled goods are stored in the right conditions and cooled gently. Dairy products are highly perishable and require a closed cold chain. Ripening chambers turn fruit varieties into products ready for sale.
In deep-freeze warehouses, uniform temperature distribution is important, reliable air coolers protect against thawing of the goods. In order-picking rooms, the impact on employees must be minimised. Roller offers a variety of individual solutions for all applications.
The range of refrigeration technology for the retail trade is broad. Whether it's a butcher's shop, bakery, flower shop, petrol station, restaurant or supermarket - each sector has its own requirements to ensure optimum product quality.
One thing is always in the foreground: reliability in refrigeration technology when it comes to failure safety, hygiene or energy efficiency. Roller is the specialist for air coolers, evaporators and heat exchangers for the commercial sector.
Today, a multitude of different applications such as server rooms, clean rooms, medical facilities and practices, shops, offices, greenhouses, and so on, place specific demands on building technology.
The right temperature, air quality and air movement play an important role. Here, with individual heat exchangers, we offer suitable solutions for a wide range of tasks.
The robust HKN air-conditioning unit stands for barely noticeable conditioning and a comfortable indoor climate with high energy efficiency.
- Food Industry
- Storage & Logistics
- Commercial refrigeration
- HVAC industry
for heat exchanger with tin-coated cupper tubes and 2-component lacquered coating
standard for optimum energy efficiency in all sizes
Flush ceiling mounting
for maximum hygiene and maximum room height utilisation
Double drip pan construction
to avoid condensation
Heat exchanger with thick fins for cleaning with a high-pressure cleaner
High-performance tube systems:
Aligned Roller high-performance tube systems with internally grooved tubes
with downstream electric heating rods (option)
Fully aluminium housing,
scratchproof powder-coated finish
- Cooling capacity from 1.5 to 20 kW
- Temperature range: 0 – 50 °C
- Fin spacings 4 / 6 mm
- Defrosting: electric, optional: Brine, hot gas
- Heat exchanger coil for an operating pressure of 25 bar/ 80 bar with CO2
- Very quiet EC fans
- Generously sized spaces at the sides of the unit for easy access via side doors, removable
- Drip pan for cleaning and servicing work hinged on both sides and easily removable
- Connections with threaded nipple, ventilation and drain valve (water or brine mode)
- Both evaporator coils are brought together on a shared inlet and outlet tube
Inspection and cleaning
- Removable hinged drip pan for cleaning and servicing work
- Side doors can easily be removed
- Aligned tube pattern and fin spacings of up to 6 mm for easy cleaning
- Design geared to the HACCP concept (easy access to the entire unit for cleaning and maintenance work)
- Heat exchanger can be cleaned from three sides
- Thick fins (0.3 mm) for extra stability during cleaning
- Air cooler energy efficiency class up to top mark "A+"
- EC fans with maximum energy efficiency for a high system efficiency
- Adjustment of the air volume flow according to the cooling load via external controller (0 - 10 V)
- Multi-fan units with intermediate plates (fan chambers) for optimum flow through the heat exchanger
- High-performance heat exchanger with a low height and low interior volume
- Optimised, aligned pipe system with smooth fins ensures low air-side pressure drop and high air flow rate
- Corrosion-resistant aluminium housing with scratchproof powder coating
- Corrosion protection for the heat exchanger and housing to withstand a range of environmental conditions
- Stainless steel ceiling mounting integrated into the unit
- Stainless steel housing (optional)
- All corrosion protection variants at a glance
- Large heat exchanger surfaces remove less moisture from the air and thus reduce the need for defrosting
- Defrost safety thermostat interrupts electric defrosting if the defrost control system (accessory) malfunctions
- MS coil heating rods for retrofitting at room temperatures above 0 °C
Thermal heating with protection grille
for extra dehumidification - can easily be retrofitted
Electronic e-valve and superheat controller for efficient, safe operation and quick start-up
Defrost safety thermostat
Switch contact opens at +25 °C and closes at +6 °C
MS heating rods for coil defrosting (tR > 0 °C) (IP66) - easily retrofittable
In many sectors, such as the food industry, the energy sector, logistics, mechanical engineering or building services, cooling is always system-relevant and decisive for the quality of processes and thus of products. As a manufacturer of high-quality components for refrigeration and air-conditioning technology, we know:
The credibility of the performance data of the machines used is a decisive aspect in ensuring your quality requirements.
That is why we have the performance data of our products certified by independent laboratories as part of the Eurovent programme. Eurovent is an independent organisation that ensures that the equipment of the participating companies is tested under the same conditions and is therefore more comparable.
Order-picking warehouse - DHN/KVN - Klüvers
Order picking warehouses are particularly susceptible to the effects of air from outdoors which enters when the doors are open. To ensure that the cold chain is not interrupted high-performance air coolers which can cope with the resulting moisture are required. An effective defrosting system is particularly important here. The company Klüvers relies on DHN air coolers from Roller with their reliable and efficient defrosting system.
|Address||Niendorf / Baltic sea - Germany|
|Product||DHN and KVN|
Fruit cooling - DHN- Coop Swiss
Correct refrigeration is crucial to how fresh the fruit and vegetables are when they reach the retailer's counters. An equal distribution of product-specific temperatures while maintaining the correct humidity levels are just as important as protection against other environmental influences. For this cold store for organic fruit and vegetables in Switzerland, our customer Biagginifrigoriferi used double-sided discharge CO2 ceiling aircoolers of type DHN.
|Application||Fruit and vegetable cooling|
|Address||Bern - Swiss|
Meat processing - DHN- Klüvers
When processing meat, quick and reliable cooling plays a key role in the quality of the final product. In addition, air coolers come under the hygiene concept of a company and must therefore meet the requirements of the HACCP concept. Easy cleaning is particularly important here. During cleaning, aggressive cleaning products are used and the air coolers need to be resistant to these. The company Klüvers relies on DHN air coolers from Roller with a full powder coating for optimum corrosion protection.
|Address||Niendorf / Baltic sea - Germany|
Event catering - DHN - Taggenbrunn
The Taggenbrunn hotel requires reliable food cooling systems for its exclusive guest receptions and concerts. High-quality food and drinks and especially the wine collection must be cooled to the right temperature. The attractive air coolers from Roller fit in ideally in the castle architecture. The air coolers were delivered to the wholesaler Schiessl in Pörtschach straight from the factory.
|Address||Taggenbrunn / Austria|